“I gain satisfaction from enabling people to evaluate, understand and maximise their personal resources and the opportunities around them, in order to find greater fulfilment in their work and life experiences.”
Claire has worked as a professional career coach since 2000. As well as providing coaching support, she is one of Chiumento’s psychometrics team, facilitating clients’ understanding of themselves through personality-profiling.
With a prior career in retail management and twelve years’ HR experience in blue-chip retail and distribution companies, Claire retains a pragmatic approach, enabling her to balance commercial pressures with the needs of the individual, and she is known for her flexible, positive and client-focused style.
Having graduated from the University of Wales, with a psychology degree, Claire has continued to develop her interest in personality and motivation in the workplace. She has gained wide experience in providing career coaching, outplacement and executive coaching at all levels.
Recent assignments have included:
- outplacement and job search support within a wide variety of sectors including manufacturing, the media, telecommunications, retail, wholesale, local government and not-for-profit organisations.
- career coaching and development coaching, including personality profiling, for senior managers in the financial, engineering, communications technology, pharmaceutical and retail sectors.
- design and delivery of workshops for self-development and career management (including those with members from different countries and cultures) for team development within the retail and pharmaceutical sectors and local government.
Highly committed to the career management profession, Claire has published a career book and has written articles on careers for magazines, newspapers and Web sites; she has also regularly been interviewed for radio.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Positions
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology, University of Wales, Cardiff
- Fellow Practitioner of the Institute of Career Certification International
- Qualified in HR via the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development professional study scheme
- Member of the British Psychological Society, Association of Business Psychologists and the Institute of Career Guidance.
Selected Client Companies
- Alan Dick
- Channel 4
- De Beers
- Greene King
- Macmillan Cancer
- Glaxo SmithKline
- Swedish Match
- United International Pictures
- Worcester College
- WH Smith