“I am passionate about the power of networking and committed to supporting individuals through the career transition journey, relevant to their needs”
Margaret has worked at all levels across a wide range of organisations in both the public and private sectors including vulnerable/disabled groups and is known for her empathetic and caring approach.
Enthusiastic and positive in approach, Margaret has a Corporate HR Generalist background with experience gained across a range of Industry sectors in resourcing, employee relations, reward and development. She has managed a series of site closures and redundancies, as a result of organisational change and provided support and career coaching services to those affected.
She is a versatile and adaptable Coach who works across career transition, assessment, training needs analysis and course facilitation. With a HND in Business Studies, Margaret is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and registered with the British Psychological Society. She is level B Intermediate qualified in occupational testing and Personality instruments being trained to interpret and feedback a number of Psychometric Questionnaires.
Margaret spent the first nineteen years of her working life in Human Resources, mainly with Asda, and Carlsberg-Tetley.
Since 2002, she has worked freelance, focusing on Competency Based Assessment, Course facilitation for both private and many public sector organisations and Career Management.
Recent Coaching Assignments have included:
- Provision of group and 1-1 career transition support in a range of sectors to a variety of levels. Undertake one to one consultations and deliver group workshops on a variety of career management topics.
- Support over the telephone to a range of clients utilising internet based systems.
- Supporting organisations with wide scale simultaneous redundancy announcements and 1-1 consultations on individual sites.
- Experience of working with vulnerable /disabled groups
- Coaching international MBA students in prestigious Universities in UK, Barcelona (IESE) and Milan (Boconni) preparing them for internship interviews with Competency based interview skills practice.
- Currently one of a team delivering the Civil Service Learning Contract including Leading and facilitating on courses such as “Coaching skills”, “Recruitment & Selection and “Getting a New Job
Margaret is an active networker, and having experienced redundancy herself, is very passionate about using her vast recruitment experience to coach others through her knowledge of career transition techniques.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Positions
- HND in Business Studies,
- Member of Chartered Institute of
- Personnel and Development
- Level B Intermediate BPS
- Institute of Motor Industry – Accredited Assessor
- OPQ, Wave, Dimensions, NEO PI-R, Hogan Dark side, 15FQ
- PreVisor Emotional Intelligence
Selected Client Companies
- Skipton Building Society
- Fyshe Horton Finney Stockbrokers
- British Gas
- Glaxo Smith Kline
- Mercedes Benz
- Cheshire Police
- South Yorkshire Fire Brigade
- Yorkshire Forward
- Durham County Council
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Thomas Cook
- Royal Mail
- Little Chef
- Arts Council
- Several Central Government departments
- Abu Dhabi Government UAE