Nick focuses on restoring and building genuine self-confidence amongst clients. He is highly enthusiastic and demonstrates that “going the extra mile” is a part of his job, not an optional extra.
His approach has been described as compassionate – a person who can empathise and build trust to motivate his clients to pro-activity.
Nick has a wealth of experience within outplacement having managed the career transition of over 3,000 clients during periods of dynamic change since 1994. He has worked across the board in nearly all industrial, commercial and not-for-profit sectors and is equally effective with senior executives and blue-collar clients.
As a well educated; well informed; lateral thinking; energetic and flexible consultant, he has been a key member of many successful outplacement consultancy teams and has carried out numerous effective 1:1 assignments.
He is enthusiastic and genuinely enjoys helping people to succeed. He pays close attention to first-principles and acts professionally and with respect at all times.
Key to his principles are instilling trust, creating an atmosphere of calm, and developing a “can do” mentality amongst clients whether this is in a one-to-one session, or in a workshop. He is:
- A motivational, proactive and highly positive consultant with Counselling, Coaching and Training and Career Rescue skills.
- Equally effective with senior executives and blue-collar clients Salaries from £11K to over $1M.
- Extensive general knowledge and able to rapidly establish common ground, and credibility, across all levels and sectors.
- IT literate with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-educated, lateral-thinking, energetic, flexible and outcome-focused.
- Successful in all areas of the UK and the Irish Republic.
- Very skilled at writing and re-writing CVs and other self-marketing documents.
- A good organiser.
- Capable of managing the career transition of groups of over 400 clients during periods of dynamic change.
- A wizard at using IT and the internet to obtain speedy and substantial results.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Positions
Nick gained valuable corporate experience in the IT and Marketing Support sectors – working for Nestlé, Cooperative Insurance Services and Acxiom. His entrepreneurial, career management, career rescue and people development skills have been honed in the Arts, Music, Motorsport and Travel industries
His qualifications and training cover the media; self-employment; career development and psychometrics.
Selected Client Companies
- Arts Council England
- Aventis plc
- BHP Billiton
- BP Amoco
- British Aerospace Systems
- Channel 4 TV
- Channel 5 TV
- De Beers
- Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein
- Forensic Science Service
- General Dynamics
- Guardian News Media
- Lloyds TSB Group
- London Stock Exchange
- Mizuho Bank
- Nationwide Building Society
- Nestlé UK
- Prudential Assurance
- Resolute / Berkshire Hathaway
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Tyco Electronics
- Visit Britain
- WH Smith
- Whitbread plc