Coaching for growth is often focused on an organisation’s most high potential (as opposed to most senior) employees including those who need accelerated development to meet identified new challenges (e.g. succession planning outcomes) in the short to medium term. Common scenarios where this type of coaching is appropriate include:-
- Moving from management and supervisory roles where the emphasis is on managing resources and tasks to leadership roles demanding the ability to provide vision, motivation and energy to teams.
- Developing the ability to work “on the business” not “in the business” – for example moving from roles where the emphasis is on operational excellence or technical expertise to one which demands a more strategic approach.
- Developing commercial awareness
- Unlocking creativity and innovation
- Influencing and political awareness – e.g. managing critical stakeholders including the Board and investors.
- Moving from hierarchical to matrix organisational structures.
- Building confidence and resilience – e.g. in the build-up to major organisational change
- Preparation for succession planning moves and promotions
- Preparing for roles that require the ability to work across geographic boundaries and cultures
Individuals receiving coaching for growth will usually be highly valued by the organisation and the coaching intervention seen as a critical ingredient not just in development but also in retention.
Contact us for your solution
We love to talk, call Mike Burgneay about your next Coaching for growth project or just send a quick email using the form below;