Global Apprentice Training Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is a master within global, high specification product development, sales & service and the brand will prove to be a great addition to any L&D professionals CV.
The Global Apprentice Training Manager is a new role. This position is responsible for implementing and creating the Apprentice Training Strategy to support the Learning and Development Strategy, suppor ther global network growth and franchised repair capability. The role also has the key responsibility to support 6 regions in deploying the new global Apprentice Strategy and ensuring the programme developed meets with expectations and market requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the Apprentice Training Strategy and plans (curriculum strategy, assessment strategy etc.);
- Develop and update the detailed assessment process for Apprentices (e.g. on-line assessment questions, practical assessments’ ) to ensure these reflect the current technical competencies;
- Support Regions to develop Apprentice programmes by facilitating the sharing of best practice ideas (e.g. programme shape, college relationships etc.);
- Manage the Apprentice curriculum to ensure material is updated to reflect changes in the technical competencies and provide the most effective mix of L&D;
- Understand the local context for Apprentice training in key markets (e.g. government requirements, funding support available);
- Lead relationships with key UK or global agencies (e.g. British Council) to support the Apprentice programmes around the world;
- Develop and update detailed global ‘Learner Journeys’ for technical Apprentice programmes and support Apprentice Training Managers in Regions to develop local versions;
- Work with stakeholders and Technical Training Developers to agree outline content for new or amended training materials for Apprentices;
- Manage the development of new training courses, translation ,eLearning, Quick Learns for Apprentices etc. by the Technical Training Developers;
- Liaise with the L&D Capability team to develop Apprentice Academy Standards
- Ensure all new L&D Apprentice material is developed with clear evaluation criteria at the four Kirkpatrick levels;
- Work with colleagues in the Learning Assets & Reporting team to manage data on the Learning Management System or Hub;
- Work with colleagues in the Learning Assets & Reporting team to monitor performance against the evaluation criteria for Apprentice programmes and use the results to drive continuous improvements.
- Manage the Budget spend and also support the input into future budget setting;
The ‘consultant’ approach is one of the key strengths required in this role and giving clear direction is required at all times. As this is a global position there will be some overseas travel required.
You will need to develop an understanding of the company’s products, possess knowledge of global apprentice technical competencies. You will have experience of working with L&D methodologies (e.g. competencies, eLearning principles) ideally within an Apprenticeship programme. This experience could have been gained within engineering based companies ie, BAE, Rolls Royce, Goodrich etc
You will also have:
- Strong business acumen
- Proven analytical skills
- Excellent communication/networking skills
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with Regions and markets