Role: HR Manager – Fast paced industry
Location: Hertfordshire with some travel
Duration: 6- 12 Month maternity cover contract
Salary: Circa £35,000 + £5,700 car allowance (or company car)
Highly successful in providing excellent contracted out services to both businesses and the public my client typically has a demanding client base for HR to support. You will have the opportunity to join this experienced team to cover a period of maternity leave. Ideally the successful candidate will be available for an April start.
To provide expert knowledge and skills in people management and development that will influence and support the achievement of business strategy, goals and plans within your given business area. To take responsibility for ensuring that change initiatives are implemented effectively. To implement and provide advice on policies, procedures and practices to ensure employees are properly recruited, supported and developed.
- Delivering a high standard of operational HR services to your group that enhances the reputation of the HR department.
- Provide proactive and reactive advice on all aspects of HR to managers.
- Design and implement recruitment activities to meet resource plans
- Carry out consultation and communication activities
- Carry out training and development needs analysis
- Support and monitor the appraisal process
- Ensure HR policies are promoted effectively
- Advise on reward issues, implementing suitable strategies around recognition, succession and retention
- Provide MI and report on key trends
- Undertake projects which support continuous improvement of HR practices and services
- Contribute to becoming an ‘employer of choice’
- Attend end client facing meetings re resourcing planning, HR audits etc
We are ideally seeking a CIPD qualified HR professional who also has substantial generalist experience gained within a fast paced, demanding business. You will have in depth employment law knowledge which has been applied effectively in handing ER issues. You will need to be able to build relationships quickly and gain credibility, discretion and attention to detail will be a given.
Ideally the right candidate will have experience in working in the civil engineering sector/infrastructure services area and will be used to working with contracted services.
Travel will be regional (mostly London) but there may be a need to be flexible to travel anywhere in the UK on occasion.