Up to £34,000 per annum + benefits
Our client a national retail brand continues to buck the trend so due to continual UK expansion an opportunity has arisen to work as single site HR Manager working in partnership with the Store Manager and management team to contribute to the effective operation of the store.
This could be an ideal opportunity for an HR Generalist with experience within retail, hospitality or similar customer facing environments to undertake a real hands on role working closely with operations. This role supports approximately 500 staff across numbers of shift patterns and supports over 25 in the site management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- End to end recruitment for retail based staff from authorisation through to succession planning and staff retention. This will include coaching interviewers in recruitment and selection skills.
- Training – implementing a learning culture in store ensuring training needs analysis, induction training and updating of training records take place.
- Management and development of the HR teams in store, providing coaching, feedback and appraisals to continually improve performance.
- Ensure compliance with operating policies and procedures and Employment legislation
- Create development tools for line management to include HR training on legislative requirements, disciplinary and grievance procedures etc providing support where needed.
- People responsibilities to include optimising staff morale, promoting a positive working environment, monitoring performance and achievement of goals, ensuring probationary reviews take place.
- With Store managers review, plan and maintain staff deployment, ensuring the co-ordination of staff rotas.
- Ensuring operational standards are in line with Ops Manual and procedural guidelines
- Ensure all daily, weekly and period payroll and time and attendance functions are carried out
- Monitor and record, absence, sickness etc and compile statistics when required
- Ensure accurate personnel files are up to date
- Ensure up to date competitor awareness in terms of Compensations and Benefits
- Manager ER procedures, coaching and supporting Managers as required
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are adhered to
- Responsibility as a store key holder with a requirement to be available for emergency call outs.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, able to analyse issues and formulate solutions.
You will need impeccable planning and organising skills, seeking to achieve continuous improvement and operate within best practice guidelines. You will need to be professional and have credibility when representing the HR team and department as building stakeholder relationships is crucial.
You will need to be able to lead and motivate others with your own personal drive to improve people and performance.
It is essential you have experience of HR operations within customer facing sectors as this is a store based role. You must also be able to work flexibly across early starts and later closing times and five days out of seven (this could be one weekend in 4).