Role: Interim Recruitment Manager
Location: Reading with some travel (London & Manchester)
Duration: 6 Months
Salary: £45-£50k + retention bonus
A highly successful and expanding retail brand, this opportunity will manage a really busy recruitment team who recruit for the retail network. The post is a contract due to covering an internal secondment.
You will help to develop the recruitment function to be business aligned and a value add function, promoting the brand as an employee destination of choice. Reporting into the HR Executive for UK retail you will have line management responsibility for 2 Recruitment Advisors and 1 HR Administrator.
- Drive the Recruitment strategy forward in line with HR agenda
- In conjunction with HR Executive and L&D Manager, manage and review the Talent Management and Succession planning processes for retail on a continuous basis.
- Leading new initiatives – e.g. graduate recruitment & placement students as driven by business need
- Develop own capability by using management resources and development plans
- Identify training needs of the team and put plans in place to ensure these are met
- Coach and develop your team
- Manage and review Recruitment for store management on a periodic basis
- Manage and review the Recruitment Calendar – where possible events to be organised 6 months in advance
- Update key stakeholders with new store Management Recruitment when required
- Provide weekly updates to the HR Executive on current and planned Recruitment activity
- Manage and update forecast headcount plans for Retail Management each period
- Responsible for creating and implementing all recruitment related policies and procedures when required
- Review the Retail Management Preferred Supplier List (PSL) on an annual basis
- Create, manage and review the Recruitment budget each financial year
- Deliver all Recruitment activities in line with the Recruitment budget
- Identify and develop new assessment material in conjunction with area team in specified timelines
- Partner with the L&D Manager regarding Supervisor Academy
- Manage the purchase orders for Recruitment activities
- Manage the 4 weekly management payroll adjustments
- Follow up on any resource requirements that cannot be satisfied by internal talent pool by initiating an immediate, ad hoc, specific search, using select group of third parties or external job boards
- Utilising CV databases where appropriate when sourcing for difficult to fill roles
- Administration on the company ATS (Applicant Tracking System) within specified timeframes
- Work with Recruitment Retail and Operations team to come up with innovative ideas on sourcing candidates externally for hard to fill vacancies
You will be an experienced retail recruiter, used to working in a fast paced multi-site organisation, you will have practical experience of managing a recruitment team, of managing recruitment and direct sourcing models. You will have sound knowledge of UK employment law, you will be able to build great stakeholder relationships and ideally will hold BPS Level A&B qualifications.