Learning & Development Officer
Location: Reading based plus UK Travel
Salary: £33,000-£35,700 per annum depending on experience
Manage the learning and development process of management and staff in stores at all levels through the Management Development Program and Performance Development process, working in partnership with the Regional /Store Manager and management team to contribute to the effective operation of the store. To assist the Learning and Development Manager in delivering an effective Learning and Development Function
Key duties will include:
- Design and deliver training to all levels of management/staff
- Organise training activities as appropriate according to the in-house MDP program and individual needs in line with the L&D budget and produce Bi-annual training calendar
- Identify and develop new/bespoke courses in conjunction with the Learning and Development Manager and an external provider
- Liaise with external/internal training providers to ensure relevance of the courses and review and update material as necessary
- Monitor the accuracy of all data entry for all L&D activities on HR systems and take appropriate action.
- Monitor on-going professional education.
- Support the NVQ provider on continuous basis
- Create and review induction material and monitor the induction process for all new starters
- Take a lead role in the development and delivery of the Supervisor Academy
- Look for L&D ideas to add value to the business
- Conduct regular store visits to assess L&D needs of individual managers and liaise with regional manager accordingly.
- Advise and manage the Management Development Program for store management.
- Review and update the MDP Manual and the T&D Plans on regular basis.
- Advise and monitor the Performance Development Review process to ensure reviews are conducted on time and in line with the company standards.
- Support and coach line managers when dealing with under-performance through PIP
- Actively participate in HR Ad-hoc projects across the wider HR Team.
- HR and L&D experience in a fast moving, multi-site organisation
- Must have experience in design and delivery of training
- Up to date knowledge of employment law
- Excellent ICT skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Good team working skills
- Ability to demonstrate credibility within the organisation
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels