Role: Senior HR Advisor
Salary/Daily rate: Circa £34,000 + 10% bonus
My client is a highly successful multi-site business operating in both business to business and the trade sales sectors. They have continued to grow their business even through the recession so there is still great demand on HR to provide a comprehensive and high quality service to the field and head office managers.
Role purpose: The purpose of the job is to provide a comprehensive high quality HR service to the business. To be a key team player, assist in supporting and managing a team of HR specialists to provide professional and timely support to the company as a whole, in line with Company expectations and deadlines
- Help to develop the HR service to ensure legal compliance.
- Further build and enhance the excellent professional working relationship with all managers and colleagues.
- Provide advice on all company HR policies and procedures.
- Influence, coach and advise managers on HR best practice and the full spectrum of people issues for example, recruitment and selection, employee relations, sickness, absence, health & safety, performance management, grievance and disciplinary, redundancy, Tribunal proceedings, and pay and reward.
- Research, develop, agree and communicate new HR policies and procedures to all staff and to support and advise on implementation.
- Monitor and deal with all sickness absence, including long term sick and case management. Support the recruitment processes within the business area, ensuring that they run effectively in order to meet customer expectation and demand. Explore alternatives where necessary
- Support and manage (as required), all human resources staff together with assessing their training and development requirements.
- Contribute to the implementation of organisational change and contribute to the development and improvements of HR systems to meet business needs.
- Manage and lead any ad hoc project research or analysis.
- Ensure systems are updated and routine tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently for the smooth operation of the HR service and department by the whole team by planning and delegation.
- This is a flavour of the breadth of the role.
What would the ideal candidate look like?
Ideally we are seeking a CIPD qualified candidate (graduate level and above) you will have experience in a generalist role involving ER casework management. The company is large and complex and therefore the work is very fast paced so candidates will be used to working in this kind of business, possibly retail, multi-site manufacturing or distribution. You will be robust, able to handle a mix of personalities, complex issues and difficult situations. You will have previous experience of mentoring junior team members who are there to support you but not do all of your follow up. Due to you managing your own case notes accuracy and attention to detail are also essential.
If you are looking for a challenging role in a fast paced commercial business this could be the right opportunity but don’t delay in applying as our client works quickly.