Skills & Leadership Development Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Circa £50,000 – £60,000 depending on experience
Our client is a master within global, high specification product development and sales, the brand will prove to be a great addition to any sales & marketing based L&D professionals CV.
This role is responsible for leading the development of the curriculum (competencies, development programmes, assessment) for sales, service, specialist and management learner groups within a global franchised sales network. In addition, you will be responsible for leading the development of approaches to recruit, develop and support retail partners in order to retain the best professionals through sustainable talent management. The role will involve working closely with the companies stakeholders to develop curriculum strategy and develop programme material appropriate to the strategic and tactical needs of the business; you will collaborate with Network L&D colleagues to launch and evaluate the curriculum.
Develop a long and medium term strategy (and resource plan) for developing the sales, service, specialist and management curriculum which reflects stakeholder/market requirements and is fully aligned with the wider Network L&D Strategy.
- Lead the development of curriculum content including:
- Establish minimum competency standards, Learner Journeys and assessment process for each part of the curriculum.
- Ensure a blended learning approach to include eLearning modules using in house resource or external suppliers.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders in the development of the curriculum to ensure it meets their detailed requirements.
- Ensure clear evaluation is established in terms of measuring competency uplift, performance impact & business impact.
- Organise test pilots of new curriculum material to confirm its suitability for the target audience prior to launch.
- Work with the L&D Capability team to support the delivery of Train the Trainer (TTT) events for new curriculum material (attended by Master Trainers and Trainers, delivered by the Training Developers).
- Develop programmes and tools to support retail partners to recruit, develop and retain their staff e.g. interview guidelines, advertisement templates, recognition programmes, performance assessment framework;
- Develop programmes to support the building and sustainment of brand passion and Customer First behaviours (through the retail experience).
- Use external networks to keep up to date with best practice and bring new ideas to the table
- Source, select and manage external to ensure their services are fit for purpose.
- Liaise with the Asset Management & Reporting teams to set up metrics and reporting for each curriculum development programme, review take up, course evaluation, programme KPIs and use the data to drive continuous improvement;
- Manage spend in line with agreed budgets.
Key to this hire will be a customer centric background gained within a L&D role focussed on best practice for sales, customer service, management and leadership.
Experience of developing and delivering training and development programmes internationally and across a range of markets. You will have led teams, managed supplier relationships and managed projects to time and budget.
You will also be:
- Motivated, a true self-starter
- Be able develop strong, collaborative relationships
- A confident, convincing presenter
- Committed to making a difference