Senior HR Advisor/Business Partner
Duration: 8-9 Month contract
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 + 10% bonus
This role is not for the feint hearted as it can be hectic and it has a big team to co-ordinate but it could certainly be the right role for someone with some team management experience who is comfortable with big team responsibility and can cover for a Head of HR when absent.
You would be working for a highly successful multi-site business and will be supporting their trade sales division. They have continued to grow their business even through the recession so there is still great demand on HR to provide a comprehensive and high quality service to the field and head office managers.
You will be a key team leader, assisting, supporting and managing a team of HR specialists to provide professional and timely support to the company as a whole.
The role is generalist with a focus on employee relations expect to:
- Help to develop the HR service to ensure legal compliance.
- Further build and enhance the excellent professional working relationship with all managers and colleagues.
- Provide advice on all company HR policies and procedures.
- Influence, coach and advise managers on HR best practice across the full spectrum of people issues.
- Monitor and deal with all sickness absence, including working with Occupational Health.
- Support the recruitment processes within the business area.
- Support and manage human resources staff together with assessing their training and development requirements.
- Contribute to the implementation of organisational change and contribute to the development and improvements of HR systems to meet business needs.
- Manage and lead any ad hoc project research or analysis.
- Ensure systems are updated and routine tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently by the whole team by planning and delegation.
This is a flavour of the breadth of the role.
What would the ideal candidate look like?
Ideally CIPD qualified candidate (graduate level and above) you will have experience in a generalist role involving ER casework management. The company is large and complex so ideal candidates will be used to working in this kind of business, possibly retail, multi-site manufacturing or distribution. You will need previous experience of mentoring junior team members who are there to support you but not do all of your follow up.
What else do we know?
- Fast is better than slow (but not at the expense of accuracy)!
- Brave is an essential personality trait!
- Confidence has a place here!
- Getting it right first time is a job well done!
If you are looking for a challenging role in a highly commercial business this could be the right opportunity but don’t delay in applying as our client works quickly and is keen to get a July/Beginning of August starter in place.