HR & Talent Manager
Salary: circa £40,000
Our client is a growing IT/Technology business, they have grown both organically and through acquisition and have further growth planned up to 2015. These plans will mean a keen focus an acquiring, developing and growing their own talent. Whilst transactional HR still needs to be covered the opportunity to really focus on development and engagement of employees makes this an exciting role for a candidate with some good IT industry knowledge and strong generalist HR skills to include training & development.
To acquire, develop and engage talented employees to enable the business to meet growth plans, ensuring company also mitigate risk, act fairly, improve overall performance and retain the best people. Also supporting the business to attain top 100 companies to work for.
- Creation and Management of talent and succession programmes
- Managing graduate and apprenticeship schemes
- Supporting talent acquisition for the business using direct sourcing as much as possible from writing JD’s to 1st interviews.
- Managing staff retention through development and engagement activities
- Be the visible face of HR for the business
- Reporting on HR metrics
- Administer maternity & paternity leave cases
- Monitor annual appraisal and probationary process
- Handle D&G, sickness absence and performance issues in a professional way
- Annual salary review process
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadlines
- Establish core training & development programmes
- Delivering soft skills training to teams
- Management coaching & development
You will have developed expertise across general HR and talent acquisition and development, this must have been within an IT based environment so you are able to quickly adapt to what makes a candidate a good fit for the business. You will have an enthusiasm for the industry and will be able to promote the high performance and energy driven culture of the business. You will get a buzz from seeing employees learn and grow with the company. You will need to be a confident presenter comfortable with training delivery.
Candidates living in easy commute to the area are preferred.