Regional HR Advisor
Field role with a Birmingham or Manchester base
Salary £22,000 – £25,000 + £5,400 car allowance
A great opportunity to take on more responsibility whilst utilising your existing skills and experience within this fast paced highly commercial contracts business.
This role reports to the HR Business Partner the role purpose is to provide professional HR support to the Operational Team and HRBP in line with the overall business strategy and local business needs, whilst working in conjunction with the HR advice line.
This is a proactive visible field based role and may suit someone seeking their first field based role.
Providing field support to operations team
- Accountable for providing advice on all employment legislation including disciplinary and grievance, recruitment, selection, TUPE, redundancy and occupational health matters, Working Time Regulations and all other HR policy and practices as appropriate.
- Act as the key source of guidance for employee relations issues. Escalate high risk cases to HRBP as appropriate.
- Support Operations and HRBP with, all TUPE transfer activity including coordinating data and attending meetings with employees, customers, unions and other key stakeholders.
- Supporting HRBP in preparing the company’s defence of any tribunal claims from employees or former employees in conjunction with appropriate Line Manager.
- Analyse ER issues and identify trends by issue/area/manager
- Assist in identifying recruitment issues/areas supporting operational team
- Work with Operations and HRBP to ensure headcount and vacancy information is accurate and ensure planned recruitment activity is in place.
- Responsible for the process of all management recruitment activity for the Area including interviewing, selection and induction processes.
- To assist HRBP with the succession development plans.
- Contribute and provide professional advice to managers on any re-structuring and people change initiatives in line with business goals (including reductions and redundancies)
- Support HRBP and operations at collective and individual consultations where over 20 are due to be made redundant
- To ensure timely completion and submission of required reports
- To monitor employee absence, ensuring that all short and long-term absence is fully investigated and managed
- To support HRBP in ensuring Performance Management is effectively managed, monitor and report the outcomes within time constraints.
- To ensure the Company policy on probationary periods is followed and adhered to.
- To support the Area Team with the Employee Survey Action Planning and maintaining a database to track progress for monthly reporting.
CIPD qualified or working towards. Knowledge of TUPE Regulations, Expertise in resolving complex employee relations issues. Experience of giving and providing coaching to management colleagues
Ability to build relationships and fully engage with various management teams and excellent communication skills along with the following:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full clean driving licence
- Flexibility to travel throughout the Area with some overnight stays will be required
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
- Experience of design and delivery of HR related workshops to colleagues